- The feast of the Meeting of the Lord is celebrated on Friday, February 15 (2/2). The vigil will be on Thursday evening at 6 p.m. and the Divine Liturgy for the feast will be on Friday morning at 8 a.m.
- We begin the prelenten period with the Sunday of the Publican and Pharisee on February 17. The following week is a fast free week. We resume the normal Wednesday/Friday fasts the next week. The last day to eat meat is on the Sunday of the Last Judgment on March 3, and Cheese week begins the next day. Cheesefare Sunday (Maslinitsa) is on March 10 and Great Lent begins on March 11.
- There is still time for house blessings before the beginning of the fast. Please see the article in the January newsletter about preparing for a house blessing and contact Fr. David or Fr. Matthew to arrange to have your house blessed before the end of February.
- We will be starting to prepare for the Russian Food Festival with a work day on Saturday, February 16 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more details please see Elena DeYoung.
- We now have an Instagram account for photos of church events. The username is: st_seraphim_of_sarov_boise