- The Nativity of our Lord is celebrated on Monday January 7 (12/25). The Nativity eve vigil will be on Sunday evening January 6 at 5 p.m. (note the early start) followed by our traditional Nativity eve fasting potluck and party. After the meal we will regather in the Church to sing Christmas Carols. Liturgy for the feast will be on Monday morning at 9:30 a.m.
- The period between the feast of the Nativity of the Lord (1/7) until the eve of the Baptism of the Lord (1/18) is fast free. The Eve of Theophany (1/18) is a strict fast day! The regular Wednesday/Friday fasts begin again on Wednesday January 23.
- St. Seraphim’s winter feast day is Tuesday January 15 (1/2) and we will celebrate with Vespers on Monday evening at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.
- The Baptism of the Lord (Theophany) is celebrated on Saturday January 19 (1/6). The Vigil for the feast will be on Friday evening at 6 p.m. and the Divine Liturgy will be on Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m. Following the Saturday Liturgy we will go to the Boise River to bless the water there.
- Following the feast of the Baptism of the Lord: Tis the season for house blessings. Please see the article in the newsletter about preparing for a house blessing and contact Fr. David or Fr. Matthew to arrange to have your house blessed before the end of February.