- It is customary for a newly ordained priest to serve 40 consecutive Liturgies, and the plan is for Fr. Matthew to do so in Boise. Each Sunday the schedule for the coming weekday Liturgies will be announced at Liturgy.
- The celebration of the Presentation of the Virgin in the Temple is Tuesday Dec. 4 (11/21). There will be vigil on Monday evening at 6 p.m. and the Liturgy for the feast on Tuesday morning at 8 a.m.
- The feast of St. Nicholas is on Wednesday Dec. 19 (12/6). There will Vigil for St. Nicholas on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy for St. Nicholas on Wednesday at 8 a.m. This is also the patronal feast of our cathedral in Seattle.
- The feast of St. Herman of Alaska is on Tuesday Dec. 25 (12/12) The Vigil for St. Herman will be on Monday evening at 6 p.m. and (as most people will have a holiday on this day) the Divine Liturgy will be on Tuesday morning at 9:30 a.m.
- The Nativity Fast began on Wednesday Nov. 28 and continues until the feast of our Lord’s Nativity on Jan. 7 (12/25).
- The St. Herman’s Youth Conference is coming up in December (23-28). The conference this year will be at the parish of St. Elias in Placerville, CA. Speakers are Fr. Peter Perekrestov from San Francisco, CA and Fr. Moses Berry from Springfield, MO. Participants will also visit the nearby Serbian church of St. Sava to venerate the relics of a saint close to us in place and time -- St. Sebastian of Jackson and San Francisco. Online registration is here: www.wadyouth.com If you or your child is planning on going to this conference please inform Fr. David right away.