- At the time of this writing, we are still paying bills from the festival, however, it would appear that we will have netted slightly more than $30,000 this year. As we did last year, we will share this bounty with the parish of Holy Transfiguration in thanks for all their help.
- The feast of Pentecost falls on Sunday June 4. On that day we will have the Vesper service with the prayers for kneeling immediately following the Divine Liturgy and then, instead of our regular trapeza, we will gather at Esther Simplot Park (the new park on Whitewater Blvd) at the main pavilion for our Perennial Pan-Orthodox Pentecost Potluck Picnic in the Park. We have reserved the pavilion from 12-4 p.m.
- The week following Pentecost is a fast free week. On Monday June 12, we begin the Apostles fast. During this fasting season, we keep a strict fast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday; wine and oil are permitted on Tuesday and Thursday; fish is permitted on Saturday and Sunday. There are variations for some major feasts, so consult your calendar.
- Beginning June 14 we will resume our Wednesday evening Law of God study series every other week following the 6 p.m. service.
- The feast of St. John of San Francisco is celebrated on Saturday July 1 (6/18 os) There will be vigil for St. John on Friday evening at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy for the feast on Saturday at 9:30 am.
- The permitting process for renovations to our roof have begun. If all goes well, we can expect actual construction to begin probably sometime in July with a completion date sometime in September. It is our hope to raise the cross onto the new roof at the end of September near the feast of the Exaltation of the Cross (Sept. 14/27).