- On Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 9 and 10 we will host the miraculous Myrrh-streaming (Hawaii) Icon of the Virgin Mary. We anticipate greeting the icon with a molieben at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday and then singing an akathist before the icon on Sunday at 4 p.m. The icon will not travel to homes, however, it will be available for veneration in the Church throughout the weekend.
- Additional weekday liturgies for October and November will be as follows:
9:00 a.m. Wed. Oct. 6 (Hawaii Iveron Icon)
9:00 a.m. Thu. Oct. 14 (Protection of the Mother of God)
9:00 a.m. Wed. Oct. 20 (SS Sergius and Baccus)
9:00 a.m. Wed. Oct. 27 (St. Paraskeva/Petka)
9:00 a.m. Sat. Nov. 6 (Joy of All Who Sorrow)
9:00 a.m. Thu. Nov. 11 (St. Anastasia the Roman, Molieben for Veteran’s Day)
9:00 a.m. Wed. Nov. 17 (St. Ioannicius the Great)
9:00 a.m. Wed. Nov. 24 (St. Theodore the Studite)
- Beginning on the Friday following the visit of the Hawaii Icon, we will begin a series of classes on the “Law of God”. There will be an akathist and molieben to the Virgin on Friday 10/15 at 6 p.m. followed by the class. The next akathist and molieben with the class will be on Friday 10/29. Starting in November we will return to the regular schedule of 2nd and 4th Fridays for the akathist and molieben with the class.
- On Fridays when there is no akathist to the Mother of God, there will be a supplication to St. Nikiphoros the Leper for help against the plague.
- Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday Nov. 25. The molieben and akathist for Thanksgiving will be served at 10 a.m. on that day.
- The Nativity Fast begins on Sunday Nov. 28 (11/15) and continues through Christmas on Friday January 7 (12/25).