- Having considered the suggestions from the Annual Parish Meeting, we will add some daily services to our regular schedule. Wed. mornings at 9 a.m. there will be daily Matins and Wed. evenings at 6 p.m. will be daily Vespers. On the last Wed. of the month, instead of Vespers, there will be a general Pannykhida.
- The feast of the Entry of the Lord into the Temple (2/2) falls on Sat. Feb.15. There will be Vigil for the feast on Fri. evening at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy for the feast at 9:30 a.m. Sat. morning.
- Those who wish to have their homes blessed with the Theophany water should contact Fr. David or Fr. Matthew to schedule that blessing. This opportunity to have your home blessed will continue only through the end of February – Great Lent begins March 2.
- The first Sunday of the preparation for Lent is Feb. 9, the Sunday of the Publican and the Pharisee. The following week of Feb. 9-16 is a fast free week.
- Sun. Feb. 23 is Meatfare Sunday (the last day that we eat meat before Great Lent). Mon. Feb. 24 – Sun. March 1 is Cheese week during which we partake of all foods except for meat.
- Elena DeYoung has traditionally organized and managed the food festival cooking sessions. However due to her responsibilities with her new restaurant, she will not be able to do that this year. Yulia Pronin will be helping out as much as possible, but we need more people who can help organize, shop, and cook. Please contact Elena or Yulia to see how you can help. We need to start some of the food prep this month so that we will be ready for the festival in May.