- The feast of the Nativity (Birth) of Christ is Tuesday January 7 (12/25). On the eve of the feast, Monday January 6, we will begin the Vigil service at 5 p.m. (note the earlier than usual beginning). After the Vigil will be a communal meal in the hall. Although the atmosphere is somewhat festive this is still a fasting meal (no meat or dairy). After the meal we will return to the Church and sing Christmas carols together. On the day of the feast, Tuesday January 7, we will celebrate the Divine Liturgy at 9:30 a.m. There is no additional meal planned for that day so that families can celebrate together at home.
- The period between Christmas and Theophany (the 12 days of Christmas) are fast free until the eve of Theophany (January 18) which is fast day.
- Monday January 13 is the eve of the Old Calendar New Year and the feast of the Circumcision of the Lord/St. Basil the Great. There will be Vigil at 6 p.m. on that day and Liturgy on January 14 (1/1) at 8 a.m.
- The winter feast of St. Seraphim, January 15 (1/2), while not our official parish feast day, is still an important day for us. There will be Great Vespers on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. and Divine Liturgy at 8 a.m. on January 15.
- The Theophany (Baptism) of the Lord is Sunday January 19 (1/6). On the eve of the Feast, Saturday morning January 18, there will be a Vesperal Liturgy at 9:30 a.m. followed by the Great Blessing of Waters at Whitewater Park. The Vigil for Theophany will be at 6 p.m. on the same day and the Liturgy for the feast will be Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m. followed by the Great Blessing of Water in the Church.
- Those who wish to have their homes blessed with the Theophany water should contact Fr. David or Fr. Matthew to schedule that blessing. The blessing should be as soon after the feast as possible.
- There are liturgy books provided on the stand in the Narthex for use during services. These should not be removed from the church. Over the summer nearly half of them have disappeared. If you have one at home, please return it to the church. If you would like to purchase your own personal copy, let Matushka Rebekah know, and we can have more made.