- Now that we have all our building plans and the permits from the city, we should be able to start on the new roof this summer. While we have about half the funds we will need to complete the project, we still need the members of the parish to step up and pledge the remaining amount. Enclosed you will find a pledge form for this purpose. There will also be printed copies at the church. We will be taking out a mortgage on the building, however those payments are not within our regular budget and will need to be met monthly. Every household that is able should make a pledge for some additional amount each month over and above your regular giving to the parish to help meet the construction costs and pay off the loan. Contributions can be made using the envelopes on the candle counter (mark them for “Building Fund”). It is also possible to donate via PayPal on the church web site.
- Bishop Irenei of Richmond and Western Europe will be at our parish during the last week of Great Lent (April 16-19) for the sacrament of Holy Anointing (Soborovanie). The exact date will be announced when it becomes available.
- Holy Week starts on April 20. Pascha is April 28. Please see the Holy Week Schedule and plan to attend as many services as possible.
- There will be a Bright Monday picnic with Holy Transfiguration Church on April 29. Time and place to be announced.
- Saturday cooking days:
April 6: 10-3 coffee shariki (vodka balls)
April 13: 11-4 prosphora (holy bread) baking
May 4 and May 11: 11-5 festival cooking
- The church calendar can be imported into your iCalendar or Google calendar. Go to http://stseraphimboise.org and click on Schedule. Click on iCalendar or Google to do the import.
- The church web site is also available as a phone app. Using a browser on your phone, navigate to http://stseraphimboise.org. It will ask if you want to save to your homepage (or something similar). If you agree, it will load the app. You can get notifications by enabling notifications in general for the app in the usual way. Then open the app and click on the little bell in the lower right hand corner to turn them on within the app. This will be used only to send out important messages such as last minute schedule changes.