- Remember to schedule your house blessing before Cheese week.
- A Pre-Lenten Gathering - Archimandrite Nectariy from Mexico City to be with us on Saturday and Sunday Feb. 3-4. He will be giving two presentations on Saturday - The first lecture will be : THE ROLE OF MONASTICISM IN THE CHURCH. The second will be : WITH OUR FEET ON THE GROUND AND OUR MIND IN THE HEAVENS - Monasticism in one of the largest cities in the world. The program will begin at 10 a.m. with a molieben with a light lunch between the two lectures. Following the final lecture, there will be tea and an opportunity to speak with Fr. Nectariy informally. Father will also be with us on Sunday for the Feast of the New Martyrs and Confessors of Russia.
- The great feast of the Meeting of the Lord is on Thursday Feb. 15/2. There will vigil on Wednesday evening at 6 p.m. Divine Liturgy for the feast is on Thursday morning at 8 a.m.
- Forgiveness Vespers will immediately follow the liturgy on Feb. 18. At the conclusion we will observe the mutual rite of forgiveness where we ask each other’s forgiveness for any wrongs and prepare ourselves to begin the spiritual journey of Lent.
- Great Lent begins on Monday Feb. 19. The Great Compline with the Canon of St. Andrew of Crete will be sung every evening (Monday –Thursday) at 6 p.m. On Friday at 6 p.m. there will be the Small Compline with the Akathist to the Mother of God followed by a class from the Law of God series.
- There will be Presanctified Divine Liturgy on Wednesdays during Great Lent. In the first week it will be Feb. 21 at 8 a.m. The second and third weeks the Presanctified Liturgy will be in the evening at 6 p.m.