- The great feast of the Nativity of the Lord is on Sunday January 7 (12/25) . This year there will be Nativity Eve services in addition to the regular Nativity services. There will be vespers on Friday evening at 6 p.m., liturgy on Saturday morning at 9:30 a.m., and the Christmas eve vigil on Saturday evening at 5 p.m. followed by our communal Christmas eve dinner (fasting) and the singing of carols. Divine Liturgy for the feast is on Sunday morning at 9:30 a.m.
- The Law of God classes will meet on the second and fourth Wednesdays (1/10 & 1/24) this month. Vespers is at 6 p.m. followed by the class.
- Fr. Deacon Matthew will begin Church School for the youth on January 14 after the Liturgy. The religious education of our children is of great importance so plan to have your children in the class. The success of this program depends on your participation as well – Fr. Matthew cannot do this alone – so please speak with him to let him know how you can help.
- The winter feast of St. Seraphim is on Monday January 15 (1/2). There will be vigil on Sunday evening at 6 p.m. and Liturgy for the saint on Monday morning at 8 a.m.
- The great feast of Theophany (the Baptism of the Lord) is on Friday January 19 (1/6) The vigil for the feast is on Thursday evening at 6 p.m. followed by the Great Blessing of Water. The Liturgy of the feast is on Friday morning at 8 a.m. There will be a second Great Blessing of Water after the Liturgy – weather permitting this will be at the park on the river.
- We are working to schedule Archimandrite Nectarios from Mexico City to be with us on Sunday February 4. We will be planning a spiritual presentation by him on Saturday before Vigil and then he will also be with us Sunday at Trapeza to talk about the monastery and mission parishes in Mexico.