- The feast of our Holy Virgin Cathedral in San Francisco is Monday November 6. There will be a festal celebration in San Francisco to mark the feast as well as to mark the 100th year remembrance of the Russian Revolution and to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the reconciliation of the Russian Church. There will be a hierarchal Liturgy on Monday (11/6) and on Tuesday (11/7) there will be a pannykhida for the victims of the Revolution and a talk on this event given by Fr. Nikolai Karipoff (of Melbourne Australia).
- The Law of God classes this month will meet on the first and third Wednesdays (11/1 & 11/15) due to the holiday. Please note the temporary departure from the regular schedule. Vespers is at 6 p.m. followed by the class.
- On the morning of Thanksgiving Day (November 23) Fr. Deacon Matthew will lead the singing of the Akathist of Thanksgiving at 10 a.m. at the Church.
- Fr. David will be absent the weekend of November 25 & 26 due to family commitments. Fr. Matthew Harrington from the parish of St. John of San Francisco in Kennewick WA will come to serve in our parish that weekend.
- The Nativity fast begins on November 28. During this time we keep a strict fast on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On the other weekdays (Tuesday & Thursday), wine and oil are permitted and on the weekends (Saturday & Sunday), fish is permitted as well.
- Beginning with the month of December, the newsletter will no longer be mailed to local parishioners. Your copy will be available at the church throughout the month for pickup on Sunday morning. You can receive PDF copies of the newsletter and calendar via email if you prefer by sending a message to email@example.com. They are also available on the church website: stseraphimboise.org. Newsletters will continue to be mailed to non-local people as they have been in the past unless a request for an email copy is received.