- This month we begin the preparation for Great Lent. The week of the Publican and Pharisee, Feb. 5-11, is a fast free week.
- It is time to begin preparing for this year’s Russian Food Festival. Please come help us cook Sat. Feb. 11 and Mar. 4 from 10-3 in the church hall. Contact Elena DeYoung for more info.
- The last two classes on the Law of God will be Wed. Feb. 8 and Feb. 22 after the daily vespers service at 6 p.m.
- The feast of the Meeting of the Lord falls on Wednesday Feb. 15(2). There will be Vigil for the feast on Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. and the Divine Liturgy for the feast on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m.
- There will be a Brotherhood meeting Thursday Feb. 16 at 7 p.m. in the church hall.
- The Sunday of “Meatfare” falls on Feb. 19 and is followed by “Cheese Week” (Maslinitsa) during which we abstain from meat but eat fish, dairy, eggs and cheese.
- Great Lent begins on Monday, Feb. 27. During the first week of Great Lent the Great Canon of St. Andrew will be sung in Church each day, Monday – Thursday at 6 p.m. On Friday at 6 p.m. will be the Small Compline and Akathist to the Mother of God followed by our Lenten series of discussions based on the book, The Hungry Orthodox Reader (copies available in the bookstore). There will also be Presanctified Liturgy on Wednesday March 1 at 8 a.m.